Tuesday 11 November 2014

World War 1 and 2 pics in London.

I visited London last year with my partner and we came across so many interesting things to do whilst there. I took a lot of photos and some were related to the World Wars 1 and 2. Here they are.

 This one depicts the Merchant Navy participating in the First World War and how they sacrificed their lives. I thought it was a beautiful memorial with the two anchors beside it.










 This one is dedicated to the women who played a huge part in World War II. It's a beautiful depiction of what they endured during the most horrific war of the 20th century.










 Finding these pictures is taking me right back. I really need to go for another weekend to London and get some images of the Edith Cavell statue amongst others. This statue is of Alan Brooke (1st Viscount Alanbrooke) who served in the Second World War and wrote war diaries which criticised Sir Winston Churchill.


No comments:

Post a Comment